EL-Lab Limited is a Medical Diagnostic and Research Centre with over 22 years experience in Medical Laboratory and Radiological services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Location: Festac Town, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Perform a variety of routine blood drawing procedures to include venipuncture techniques using standard equipment to include vacutainer tubes and sleeves, tourniquets, syringes, and needles
- Verify specimen identification and appropriateness of sample type/volume for the indicated testing.
- Confer with the patient to obtain information for laboratory records, explain procedures, allay fears and elicit cooperation.
- Utilize standard procedures for the maintenance of positive patient identification; record appropriate collection information on proper requisitions
- Preparing, processing, labeling, and storing patient specimens and samples according to departmental procedures using standard techniques and equipment, for subsequent analysis by clinical laboratory staff.
- Handling of small Laboratory equipment e.g Centrifuges, Thermometer, timer, pipette, etc.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies; reorder as required; stock supplies on carts and hand trays.
- Recognize questionable results, equipment malfunctions, and technical problems then take timely steps to resolve them under the supervision of a Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Follow established guidelines for missed collections, recollects, and difficult phlebotomies
- Instruct patients in a sensitive and understandable way on the proper collection method for urine samples.
- Good housekeeping
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- All other scopes of work are to be supervised by the Medical Laboratory Scientist as assigned by the Laboratory Manager. This is in accordance with the statutory provisions by the regulatory authority, MLSCN.
- Interested candidates should possess an OND qualification with 0 – 3 years of experience
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications with CV and a copy of their current practising licence to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.