Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Location: Sokoto, Nigeria
- Support the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plan and corresponding instruments for MNCH project and implementing M&E strategies in compliance with the project management tools and donor requirements.
- Participate in project reviews, assessment including internal data quality assessments, monitoring and evaluations. Work closely with project colleagues and partners to facilitate community level data collection, analyse and present to project staff and stakeholders within catchment area.
Dimensions of the Role
- Support the designs, develops and implements the comprehensive M&E framework/strategy, system and quantitative and qualitative tools, with a focus on health management information systems strengthening and incorporating mobile technology
Key End Results and Typical Responsibilities
Programme development & Quality Management:
- Support regular monitoring data collection, verification, entry, spot checking, analysis, reporting and sharing, ensuring accurate, high quality household, community and facility level data is collected on all PMF (Performance Measurement Framework) indicators on a regular basis and as per agreed framework and timelines
- Supports, coordinates and follows the development and implementation of Baseline, Midterm, End-line and research studies in order to inform the M&E framework, tools, systems and processes
- Provides information and feedback to the M&E advisor to inform adjustments in project strategy, and to ensure that the project remains relevant and effective.
- Work with project team members to ensure community level gender disaggregated data is collected, analysed and presented for communities to make informed decisions on MNCH issues.
- Ensure timely and high-quality regular monitoring and evaluation reports are produced.
- Provide regular and timely feedback on project progress against planned activities, outputs and results.
- Ensure capacity building by regularly training and mentoring staff and partners for improved program monitoring and evaluation.
- Support all operational and programme research processes.
- Contribute to the technical support for staff and partners
- Establish linkages with, and provide support to LGA HMIS officers in the state.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Prepare and submit relevant project reports including quarterly PMF reviews and Monitoring reports for domestic consumption.
- Provide timely responses concerning M and E queries linked with the project.
- Report to the SHOW M & E advisor;
- Work amicably with other members of the Plan International Nigeria team to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Degree or Higher Diploma in Statistics or Social or Health Sciences or an equivalent from a recognized higher institution.
- At least 3 years’ practical work experience in monitoring & evaluation of public health programs especially MNCH programs.
- Experience in Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation especially in community and household data collection processes.
- Experience working with the DHIS 2.0 software is critical.
- Knowledge and experience with software/ statistical packages such as Microsoft Access SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, databases (Access) and spreadsheets (Excel).
- Experience and ability to support large data collection processes and manage large datasets, including analysis, interpretation and presentation of both quantitative and qualitative data.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to support large data collection processes and manage large datasets, including analysis, interpretation and presentation of both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively appropriate to the audience
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Passion for learning and development.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Team player.
- Provides good and adequate Monitoring, Evaluation and Results support to enable the project meet its agreed program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
Application Closing Date
13th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online