Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (M & E) Officer
Locations: Adamawa and Katsina
Reports To: M&E Specialist
- The success of the NTDs project depends largely on accurate, complete and timely reporting of achievements to donor. Achievement of set targets is of utmost importance.
- Hence, the objective of the M&E Officer position is to provide technical leadership in the roll-out of the M&E plan in the states and generating strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices.
Under the supervision of the M&E Specialist, the M&E Officer will:
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State NTDs project plan in collaboration with the Head of NTDs Programs and M&E Specialist.
- Take lead in the implementation of NTDs state M&E plan and reporting formats for indicators and targets in collaboration with the M&E Specialist.
- Establish a system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the central database and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Take lead in building the capacity of health units’ M&E staff and relevant health and community workers in collection, summarization, analysis and presentation of M&E data.
- Manage the roll-out of the project M&E data quality assurance system including quarterly data quality audits.
- Assist the M&E Specialist to coordinate the establishment/strengthening of one state M&E system that informs policy and practice.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at the state.
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Work with M&E Specialist/Head of Nutrition Programs to document and publish best practices.
- Guide staff and implementing partners in preparing their progress reports. Together, analyze these reports in terms of problems and actions needed. Prepare consolidated progress reports for project management to submit to the relevant bodies, in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing.
- Prepare monitoring reports, analyze them for impact evaluation and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation.
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners and primary stakeholders.
- Make regular reports to the project team highlighting areas of concern and preparing the documentation for review at meetings.
Program Monitoring & Evaluation:
- In collaboration with M&E Specialist and NTDs Program Officer, assist with the implementation and development of Monitoring and Evaluation tools according to Helen Keller, FMOH and donor standards;
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of international standards as set by FMOH, Helen Keller and donor.
- Internally and when requested, support external evaluations on the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase of the project and as required.
- Support the dissemination of findings from assessment/evaluations to support organizational learning and contribute to policy processing or development.
- Advocacy and Strategic Alliances
- Assist in building and maintaining working relationships with both government and key project stakeholders at all levels in order to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher visibility.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Successful implementation of the projects based on:
- Effective tracking and reporting of program indicators
- Implementation of M&E plans in collaboration with other project staff and government stakeholders.
- Postgraduate Degree in Sciences, Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics.
- At least 2 years hand-on-experience in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Significant experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems, 2 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, multicultural and team building skills.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
- Significant experience working in NTD, HIV/AIDS or Nutrition program in Nigeria.
- Excellent writing skills, oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
Terms & Conditions
- This is a local posting in Nigeria, and as such, is subject to local terms and conditions.
Application Closing Date
12th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.