APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist – ECHO
Req ID: api-05656
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Department: Health Informatics
- PHIS3 seeks a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer to lead its Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes (ECHO) project activities.
- The M&E Officer-ECHO will support Community Virtual Learning across facilities in Nigeria on medical knowledge and getting the best practice care across to underserved communities in Nigeria and facilitate knowledge sharing and best practices in HIV/AIDS and TB care and management.
- The successful candidate will coordinate Subject Mather Experts (SME) and Lay Providers’ engagement in weekly meetings to provide short didactic sessions, share challenging cases, and ask questions and answers about best practices via video and teleconference (TeleECHO sessions).
- He/she will work towards implementing the all-teach-all-learn principle of ECHO project across the participating facilities. He/she will sustain and expand the in-person clinical training and mentoring program to support the delivery of high-quality HIV prevention, care, and treatment services.
- The Database Specialist reports directly to the Monitoring and Quality Advisor in activity implementation and management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out site assessment and deployment of ECHO infrastructure to new sites
- Plan stepdown training and mentorship to newly activated sites
- Organize curriculum development in collaboration with FMoH, CDC, and SME
- Weekly coordination of the traditional ECHO Session for health facilities in Nigeria
- Weekly follow up with IP’s, subject matter experts (SME) and participating facilities Ensure that IP’s share the weekly agenda with the facility POC’s
- Call CDC to get the person that will give goodwill message
- Call and confirm the availability of the Subject matter expert
- Follow up with FMoH to get who will give an opening and closing remark
- Monthly scheduling of presentations and allocation of topics to SME
- Monthly update report meeting with CDC and IP’s
- Stakeholders meeting to generate topic areas for the next curriculum development
- Manage the ECHO archive for collation and storage of previous session and presentation
- Facilitate the communication and engagement of government officials and SME
- Coordinate virtual community of multiple health facilities across the country and ensure active participation
- Organize bi-monthly learning sessions for impact assessment and feedback from the participants
- Facilitate the signing and renewal of contracts for SME
- Track and process the payment of SME as at when due
Desired Qualification and Skill Sets
- Degree in Health Science, Data Science, or Social Sciences. An advanced degree in Public Health will be an added advantage
- Hands-on experience in all-around care to underserved communities in the areas of diagnosis and successful treatment of other chronic illnesses and conditions.
- Proven working experience using advanced technology to facilitate leverage on scarce resources by connecting urban medical experts with underserved rural practitioners through telehealth networks.
- Minimum of 5 years operational experience in NGO work
- Strong knowledge of HIV/AIDS/TB care and management program
- Experience and appreciable knowledge of PEPFAR program implementation in Nigeria
- Mentally matured to deal with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner
- Ability to travel to other states for program implementation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with multiple health facilities and health works and maintain respect decorum.
Application Closing Date
7th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online