Anadach Group is a strategic healthcare consulting firm focused on providing innovative advice and services to clients and partners interested in transforming healthcare systems in emerging markets and developing economies.
We provide a wide range of services to various stakeholders in the health sector including management consulting,Advisory and Capability Enhancement Services,Professional and Executive Recruitment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Neonatal Intensivist
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
- Our client is a new and upcoming leading international provider of world-class healthcare services in Lagos, with the aim of providing prompt, efficient and high-quality healthcare services to all their patients. Our client believes in equipping patients with medical information to empower them to make informed decisions regarding their health management/healthy lifestyle.
- Hence, career opportunities exist for high performing Specialists that can contribute to a rapidly growing organization. As a new specialist in a well-equipped and managed facility, you would have the opportunity to shape and deliver services currently not available or easily available in Nigeria. Salaries and benefits are internationally competitive and depends on experience.
- The Neonatal Intensivist is a member of the senior medical team and coordinates specialized care for patients with neonatal critical illnesses. He/she provides leadership and guidance in establishing the highest standards of care and ensuring optimal delivery of quality care in line with international best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the clinical care of critically ill neonates admitted to ICU according to generally accepted standards.
- Ultrasound-guided interventional procedures.
- Basic and Advanced Neonatal and Pediatric Life Support certification.
- Advanced Mechanical ventilation and High-frequency oscillatory ventilation management.
- Competencies in the operation and management of CRRT and Peritoneal dialysis in Pediatric patients.
- Hands-on experience in the management of various Neonatal and Pediatric Critical Care Patients, including Neurological Intensive Care, Cardiovascular Intensive care (post-operative cardiovascular patients, ECMO and ventricular assist devices), Heart Failure, Trauma Intensive Care, Surgical Intensive Care, Respiratory Therapy, ICU Nutrition, Infectious disease, Post Cardio-Thoracic surgery care, Pulmonary Hypertension ICU Management, and Right Heart Catheterization.
- Possess general medical knowledge and an understanding of how treatments affect different developmental growth stages
- Should be updated on the latest breakthroughs in the field of Neonatology and Pediatrics.
- Maintain detailed reports on each child and also report on their progress
- Coordinate with any other specialist the patient might be seeing.
- Give medicines that are compatible with other medicines the patient is taking
- Advice patients on any alternative treatment they might be seeking
- Help the patient to fully recover from their illness and have the patient follow up even after they are okay as post-recovery treatment is considered important
- To communicate and cooperate with other medical staff and colleagues who wish to discuss other pertinent medical problems regarding neonates in other areas of the hospital.
- To be in charge specifically of ventilatory, circulatory fluid and nutritional therapy concerning the neonates and Pediatrics in the ICU.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Medicine with related specialization from a reputable institution is required.
- MBBS/MBChB or equivalent
- Fellowship with the Faculty of Paediatrics of either the West African College of Physicians (WACP) and/or the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN); OR
- Equivalent fellowship in a country where you can obtain license to practice in Nigeria
- Specific training and demonstrable experience in Neonatal Intensive Care.
- Must be a minimum of 3 years post-fellowship.
- Full registration with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Foreign training and experience are an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Extra skills and experience in managing PICU cases
- Sympathetic bedside manners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work long, flexible and on-call hours, often under pressure
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective decision-making skills
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner
- Drive to continue learning throughout career.
- Strong IT/computer skills
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org please indicate your name and job title as the subject of your email.
|Job Category||Customer Services|