Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria People Lead
Location: Abuja / Minna, Niger (70% Minna and 30% Abuja)
Employment Type: Full-time
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Role
- As the People and Admin Lead, you will report to the Country Lead.
- You will establish the groundwork for the growth, sustainability, and professional development of our team as it grows.
- You will set up essential human resources policies, oversee staff payroll and benefits, and support the program’s recruiting and onboarding.
- You will model One Acre Fund values, invest in people, and engage across the team.
- You will lead projects to inform career growth, professional development, and equity at One Acre Fund.
- You will develop our compensation and performance management frameworks and systems and act as a strategic advisor to our organization on all matters relating HR compliance and Market Practices
- Develop a long-term vision for all human capital and talent functions to guide delivery of the Nigeria program’s commitments to its staff – meaningful work, career growth.
- Ensure excellent Human Resources Management by driving excellence across all HR functions (payroll and benefits management, performance management, learning and development, onboarding and end of service, and employee engagement).
- Develop staff by collaborating with leadership to identify and address development needs and implement scalable professional development services to build the careers of our staff.
- Oversee the Corporate Operations function which manages office and asset administration
- Manage risk and ensure legal compliance from a people perspective. Develop strategic solutions to organizational risks related to human resources and labor law compliance.
- Use HRIS data and results from all HR surveys to make decisions and set a data-driven people strategy.
- Manage an internal communication strategy for the Nigeria team, allowing the division to better understand staff needs, clarify expectations around People services, and ensure that staff understand People policies and program updates.
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification
- 5+ years of professional experience with relevant experience includes International development/NGO/Human Resources work – preferably in West Africa, Private sector business, startup or government work in a developing country.
- A minimum 2 years direct management experience.
- Ability to lead a team, set a vision, and achieve results towards annuals goals.
- Project management skills and can oversee the development of multiple projects across different teams.
- Emotionally intelligent leader with good humor, patience, integrity and humble approach to service.
- One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online