We are a Nigerian litigation law firm with a good reputation for acting on constitutional and political disputes, with additional experience representing clients in contentious commercial mandates. The team acts on litigation and arbitration. It is retained by both individuals and corporates to act on disputes involving contracts, criminal, defamation and banking law.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Personal Assistant / Writer to the Principal Partner
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking an efficient, vibrant and highly-motivated Personal Assistant / Writer to provide support to the Principal Partner at a leading and highly reputable law firm in Nigeria.
The Personal Assistant/Writer will carry out duties such as:
- Research on contemporary issues on diverse subjects.
- Scheduling, coordinating, managing and maintaining the Principal Partner’s diary and calendar appointments; daily agenda and to-do list; personal and work-related itinerary, meetings, travels, correspondence and liaise with the Principal Partner accordingly.
- Attending to and monitoring urgent enquiries and issues, ensuring that they are brought to the Principal Partner’s direct attention and where necessary, referring matters to the appropriate person for action.
- Taking dictation on various matters and drafting memos, letters and other correspondence as instructed by the Principal Partner.
- Occasionally assisting the Principal Partner on simple legal matters.
- Liaising with relevant individuals within the firm as well as external organizations, etc. on behalf of the Principal Partner.
- Organizing meetings and ensuring that the Principal Partner is well-prepared for meetings.
- Undertaking any other duties as may be requested by the Principal Partner.
- Good University Degree in Law, English, Social Sciences or other related disciplines with a minimum of a Second Class (Upper Division)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English will be an added advantage
- 5-10 years experience in a similar capacity working with senior management and/or C-level executives in a legal environment.
- Age range, must be 25 years and above
- Preferably male
- Preferably Yoruba
- Global / International exposure in dealing with various cultures/personal styles will be a plus.
- Excellent computer and internet skills – Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook email & calendar system is essential.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualities:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent in speech drafting and public speaking
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong research, intellectual and analytical skill
- Sound command of English, both written and spoken, with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Professional discretion.
- Demonstrate flexibility, versatility, initiative, proactivity, diplomacy, dynamism and enthusiasm
- Ability to carry out administrative tasks efficiently within a set timeline, demonstrating a high level of competence, sound grammatical skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to make presentations, prepare reports and give feedbacks timeously.
- Must be a self-starter, confident and possess the ability to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Flexible to travel at short notice and have a mature approach to work.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.