Value Edge Management Services – Our client is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Industry: Manufacturing – Television (Appliances) Assembly
- Our client is in need of a Production Manager for television manufacturing line that will be responsible for keeping the ground operations running by managing and overseeing all Production activities of TV line and keeping records and maintenance as per statuary compliances.
- This position will be responsible for and execute all aspects of operations process, systems, quality, accounting, etc.). The Production Manager will be accountable (with the Production Coordinator) for establishing and implementing plans and cost targets and for meeting overall business unit objectives.
- This position will be directly responsible for overseeing all assembly and test operations on one or more production lines, supervise work for the team in accordance with standardized safety rules, driving output, efficiency, quality and employee performance to their highest levels whilst maintaining a culture of empowerment and ownership.
- This position will directly provide support to factory operations including but not limited to ensuring safety protocols are followed, adherence to company policies, communicating goals and objectives to the team, and setting priorities accordingly.
- Supporting development and deployment of factory strategic vision.
- Streamlining work processes to optimize utilization of operations resources.
- Prepare work schedules and prioritize workload and resources to maximize production output and efficiency.
- Assign specific work tasks to Production team members; provide oversight and check work.
- Ensure the safety of team members, their work processes and equipment.
- Actively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, including Supply Chain, Planning, Quality and Engineering to meet overall goals and drive performance improvements.
- Maintain production metrics tracking and reporting. Reports include safety, productivity and quality goals.
- Monitor and manage resources including overtime and time-off requests through the electronic timekeeping system.
- Resolve production challenges to increase run rates and achieve targeted production costs.
- Managing the rework process for non-conforming, aged (slow moving) and/or obsolete materials.
- Tracking and communicating key unit performance measurements including yields, costs, reliability, production and quality metrics.
- Supporting ISO requirements in the unit and becoming certified as internal auditor.
- Participating in setting up workflows to facilitate production at higher rates.
- Use Full Spectrum Leadership to drive culture change.
- Manages more than one functional area of manufacturing, such as machining, assembly, tool and die, packaging.
- B.Tech / B.Eng in Electrical Electronics Engineering
- 10+ years in Television Manufacturing (Appliances) environment is a definite plus.
- 5+ years of Supervisory experience; direct experience with TV (Appliances).
- Working well with many different departments and external suppliers.
- Experience supporting service center on repairs and good customer problem-solving skills.
- Prepare the daily MIS reports on Production, Quality tests and standards
- Should have worked in a similar work environment and in similar capacity.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the specs in the TV and functionalities and also liaise with suppliers for improvising on the functionality.
- Excellent communication, numeracy and Computer-based programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office.
- Good people management skills and management of staff.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytic ability and be very detail-oriented.
- Highly organized with good planning and time management skills, and excellent people skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and speaking in public are required for this role.
- Basic knowledge of Quality documentation systems
- Basic knowledge of electronic planning systems, e.g. Shop Floor Manager (SFM).
- Attention to detail (record keeping)
- Demonstrated effectiveness at problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to identify defects and abnormalities and correct as necessary
- Excellent teamwork skills which include demonstrating a positive attitude, good work ethic and sense of urgency in completing tasks/projects (driven).
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2021.