Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Programme Officer, Inclusive Education
Locations: Jigawa and Kano, Nigeria
Contract: 2 years Fixed Term Contract
- Sightsavers is recruiting Programme Officers in Jigawa and Kano states in Nigeria to enhance the quality of their Inclusive Education Program (IEP).
- The program focuses on the education of persons with disabilities through formal Education.
- The post holders will ensure the programme is planned, implemented, monitored, and evaluated to the highest possible quality standards.
About the Role
- Building effective partner relationships, engaging new partners to help fulfil the Program and Organisation’s strategic objective of ensuring people with disabilities have equal rights to education
- Supporting long term partner relationships that go beyond the longevity of the program through the dissemination of information, knowledge share and advocacy
- Providing technical support to partners to help identify their technical and organisational capacity needs.
- Managing all aspects of the programme, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial and asset management
- Assisting partners with programme reporting and documentation
- Helping with budgeting and forecasting. Monitoring project financial resources expenditure.
- Exampling quality case studies and materials in support of fundraising activities
- Providing relevant fundraising materials and information to Sightsavers Head Office in the UK for donor reporting purposes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Education or Development Studies
- Proven working experience within Inclusive Education programs within an INGO essential
- Knowledge of current issues and best practices in disability, Inclusive Education and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) essential
- Strong experience in project implementation, ideally relating to Education within the disability sector
- Previous experience designing, managing and acting as an advocate for Inclusive Education/Disability programmes
- Strong IT, especially MS Word and Excel
- Strong networking and communication
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- The Programme Officer, Inclusive Education, is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills.
- Local Terms and Conditions apply.
Application Closing Date
12th December, 2021.
We intend to conduct interviews from 10th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online