The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Associate – Nigeria
Position Number: 22:007
Division: Program Management
Status: Local National Employee
Primary Function / Purpose
- The Project Associate will provide office administrative and operation support to the IFES-Nigeria field office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Country Director / Deputy Country Director and the program team in implementing project activities.
- Help monitor the organization’s program implementation.
- Assist in conducting training of trainers.
- Contribute to lessons learned sessions for outreach teams and other partners.
- Contribute to the design and preparation of training materials.
- Assist Country Director and the program team in organizing program activities, including assessments and workshops.
- Assist in scheduling program meetings with partners and drafting of report of such meetings.
- Advise Country Director or designee on political/electoral developments and provide recommendations on matters related to the project goals.
- Provide support to international and local consultants.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data for monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Draft program reports including field trip reports, weekly reports, quarterly reports and other program reports and work plan.
- Take minutes of program meetings and to serve as rapporteur for program events.
- Maintain detailed records of program activities and files on IFES database and cabinet.
- Proper tracking and documentation of political and election related activities in the media.
- Provide input on the design and formulation of new program activities.
- Travel outside of Abuja for project activities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Governance, Development or related field required.
Experience & Skills:
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision.
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Working level proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in English.
- Travel may be required.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Standard office work environment.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online