Federal College of Education (Technical), Potiskum, fosters achievement in all areas of study, but it is especially dedicated to achievement in Education, which is an essential part of a flourishing society, and a good life. It was founded in 1991.
We are especially dedicated to supporting achievement and establish relationships of lasting consequence between students and the people who teach and advise them. We offer interdisciplinary education and academic mentoring. We foster relationships between people from different backgrounds and enable students to explore diversity in a setting that is socially relaxed but academically intense. We also encourage personal and social responsibility by creating opportunities for students to share their learning with the community and to make meaningful contributions to the places where they live. The result, we hope, are NCE graduates who are prepared to engage the complexities of life in a changing world with curiosity, empathy, resilience, and joy.
Applications are invited form suitable candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Provost
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College, and is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the day-to-day management and operations of the College.
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the institution was established.
Among others, some specific duties of the Provost include being:
- The Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College;
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College;
- A member of the Governing Council of the College in-charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances, infrastructures and academic matters and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly;
- Responsible for approving and authorizing alt payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with financial regulations, treasury circulars and Governing Councils decisions/directives under sound financial discipline and management;
- Responsible for ensuring meetings of Council and its committees are serviced:
- A person to foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education (FME), National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other professional bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment by the College of the status of a Centre of Excellence.
- Candidates should possess a Doctorate Degree from a recognized university with a field relevant to at least one programme in the College.
- He/she should be a registered and active member of a Professional Association in the field of Education. The possession of professional Teaching qualification, a minimum of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDEI, in addition to registration as a Professional Teacher with TRCN are MANDATORY.
- Candidates must not be above the age of fifty-nine years at the time of taking up the appointment
- Candidate must possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification teaching/research experience and in addition must have held a senior teaching/research and top administrative post in a College of Education system as evidence of ability to manage human and material resources,
- Candidate must show evidence of good track record in result oriented researches reaching high National and International status in their research achievements, as evident in scholarly publications.
- Candidate must be a Chief Lecturer with at least five (5) years cognate experience.
- Candidate must be of goad conduct and character, possess sense of discipline, dedication, drive and resourcefulness and be able to command the respect and loyalty of members of staff and students of the College. Re/she must be somebody who is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic, political. religious and other sectional interests.
- Candidate must be proficient in Information Communication Technology (ICT) packages and capacities.
- Candidate should show evidence of Community Service both local and national development
- Candidate must be a man/woman of vision, a goal getter, and one that can execute a strategic plan for the college.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years in the first instance and maybe eligible for re-appointment for a second and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance.
Conditions of Service
- The salary / remunerations are as contained in the Conditions of Service for Provosts of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria and maybe determined by Govemment policies from time-to-time.
Application Closing Date
3rd February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in soft copy “read only” compact disks, two (2 nos) and twenty (20) hard copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials which must include the following:
- Full Name, Surname underlined
- Marital Status and Number of Children indicating the age of each
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Govemment Area and State of Origin
- Telephone Numbers and e-mail Address
- Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications and Distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Association / Bodies
- Work Experience in Chronological sequence
- Present Employer, Status and Salary
- Co-curricular Activities
- Publications in standard APA format
- Evidence of Medical Fitness from a recognized Government Hospital
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees one of whom must be the present Employer.
- Date available to assume duty if appointed.
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelope marked “Post of Provost” on the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Federal College of Education (Technical),
P.M. B. 1013, Potiskum,