247 Food Limited – The largest Food and Grocery online marketplace that offers both Wholesale and Retail Services across a wide range of Food and Groceries products with a delivery mandate of range between same day and a maximum of 48 hours.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer (Foods)
Location: Airport Road, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Purchasing Officer to buy products and negotiate deals with vendors on behalf of our company and ecommerce platform. You will review prices and quality and ensure appropriate, competitive and profitability pricing.
- Purchasing Officer’s responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.) For this role, you should have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure you’re identifying the most profitable offers.
- Ultimately, you will create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time. It is compulsory to have hands-on experience in food, fast food/restaurants and FMCG industry.
- Must be willing to work Saturdays
- Research potential vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Review quality of purchased products
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
- Maintain records of vendors and transactions
Requirements and Skills
- B.Sc in related field
- 2 – 12 years work experience
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Agent or similar role
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Experience in food, fast food/restaurants and FMCG industry.
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Excellent Negotiation skills.
N80,000 – N100,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.