Qatar Airways is proud to be one of the youngest global airlines to serve all six continents, and thanks to our customers’ response to our offerings, we are also the world’s fastest-growing airline. We connect more than 160 destinations on the map every day, with a fleet of the latest-generation aircraft, and an unrivalled level of service from our home and hub, the Five-star airport, Hamad International Airport in Doha, the State of Qatar.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager – Western Africa
Job Id: 2200002S
Category: Corporate & Commercial
- We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our International HR team based in Lagos, Nigeria as HR Manager for Western Africa Region.
- Reporting to the Regional HR Business Partner – Africa, as HR Manager Western Africa, you will be responsible for providing HR support for the 3 countries in the region including Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast.
- You will add immediate value by contributing to the development and implementation of HR strategy in all areas of Recruitment, Organisational Design, Retention, Reward, Employee Relations and Employee Engagement. You will lead the HR team & provide guidance and advice as well as coaching to line managers on HR policies, procedures and processes.
- You will be responsible to support all Divisions that are based in the local markets including – our Commercial, Airport Services, Cargo and Corporate teams.
- This represents a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-paced and dynamic environment in a leading Aviation group to contribute to our continued development and evolution.
- Working with line managers in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Managing a HR team
- Providing 5- star HR support to the business, including documentation and approval process.
- Leading the HR agenda for the seven countries supporting, coaching and advising on HR processes.
- Manage the development of accurate job descriptions and the recruitment approval process.
- Operating as the communication hub for the HR team ensuring information flow and sharing of knowledge.
- Implementing and leading the HR component of any Change and Transformation Programs within the six markets.
- Implementing Human Resources policies such as performance management, disciplinary and absence management.
- Providing advice and assistance on the performance evaluation and development planning process.
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues including promotions and transfers.
- Communicating company policies, procedures and processes to the business as required.
- Facilitating and assisting with providing training and coaching on key HR and Management skills to the business.
- Conducting research on Human Resource best practice and making recommendations as appropriate.
- Gathering data and statistical reports to make informed & commercial HR decisions.
- Assisting with composing correspondence and memoranda, reports and documents.
- Acting as the local advisor on Employment legislation
- Ensuring all employees understand work health and safety requirements and expectations, through induction, instruction, training and supervision.
Be part of an extraordinary story:
- Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make.
- You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience.
- You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
- Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
- Together, everything is possible
- Bachelor’s Fegree or equivalent. A recognized accreditation in HR .
- Minimum of five (5) years HR related job experience within an International company, which will include a minimum of two years’ in a HR Management Role with experience managing multiple countries across Africa.
- Proven people management skills, including experience in employee relations; strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to engage, inspire and influence people.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential for this role.
- Fluency in French is preferred.
- You must also have the right to live and work in Nigeria to be considered for this opportunity.This role would require regular travel across the Region.
Application Closing Date
2nd June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Human Resources|