JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Officer
JOB LOCATION: Ibese, Ogun
Job Ref.: IbesePlantQA001
Department: DCP – Operations
- The Quality Assurance Officer performs analyses following specified instructions from supervisor, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and analytical procedures.
- Reports testing results through the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), other computerized systems, or through standard laboratory paper-based documentation.
- Calculates results and compares with specification limits.
- Informs supervision immediately if lab results do not meet specifications.
- Performs analyses including instrumental and automated methods utilizing prescribed procedures and techniques.
- Complete all testing including special project/ protocol testing in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Generates valid data, reports results in appropriate database compared to established specifications while adhering to current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Compares laboratory results with specifications for acceptability.
- Maintains equipment and trouble shoots instrumentation problems, procedural problems or production/process problems.
- Participates in functions involving teams which impact production, increase efficiency, solve problems, generate cost savings and improve quality.
- Ensures safety, housekeeping, and compliance are maintained. Performs other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Chemistry or related field with 6 years’ job related experience required.
- Must be detail oriented, conscientious and have high reading comprehension skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computerized systems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to perform a variety of chemical analysis procedures as required within the work area.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
- Comprehend mathematical concepts such as logarithms, algebraic, conversions, fractions, decimals, and rounding.
- Ability to understand and follow written procedures.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal direction.
- Utilize good judgment in making decisions within limitations of recognized standard methods and procedures.
- Must maintain GMP compliance within the assigned laboratory.
- Demonstrate creativity, flexibility, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Complete all training and written exams.
- Must be able to temporarily work a flexible schedule to meet business needs.
- Knowledge of ISO systems will be an advantage.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.