A reputable Quarry company whose Vision is to become the leading Engineering and construction firm in Nigeria and eventually the African region, by consistently delivering projects in line with international Best Practice, urgently seeks to engage the services of a result oriented individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quarry Manager
Location: Amasiri, Ebonyi
- Take full profit and loss responsibility for the SBU & Quarry operations.
- Manage full commercialization, visibility and Marketing of Quarry produces to individual and corporate Clients.
- Provide direction and leadership to operations, sales and marketing, and meeting of Monthly Sales/Profit Targets.
- Oversee the development of the Sales and Marketing budget to formulate mid and long term budgets and forecasts.
- Includes channel specific sales plans, product gross margin as well as sales and marketing costs.
- Develop and build business relationships with major key partners with a focus on meeting the account needs and managing / growing the business profitability.
- Co-ordinates Managers/Supervisors/Employees in the Quarry Plant and their required tasks (as applicable).
- Establishes, communicates and assigns job responsibilities, goals and performance standards for Employees within the Quarry Department, inclusive evaluation of job performance.
- Performs surveillance of quarry maintenance and operations by conducting inspections.
- Ensures Conducts and/or participates in quarry department safety meetings and safety inspections of work areas occur and performs periodic spot checks.
- Ensures quarry personnel comply with Ministry of Mines safety rules and regulations.
- Oversees all aspects of the quarry activities, when explosives are using in quarry operations, ensures that an appropriate amount of explosives are available for use, and are properly stored.
- Act as an active participant and leader in the Maintenance Excellence Process.
- Cooperates with other department managers in coordinating production operations with the quarry operations to supply the needed amount of raw materials from the quarry while providing for maintenance time on quarry equipment.
- Actively supports and participates in plant safety and environmental programs.
- Collaborates with Plant Manager to discuss goals, strategic planning, etc., and ensures that these directives are achieved.
- Participates in labor contract negotiations.
- Investigates problems and tries to resolve them before they become grievances.
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases and promotions.
- Recommends improvements and other types of suggestions to improve plant productivity, employee morale, etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Projects Management or Technical background with knowledge of Mining / Geology principles and procedures or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Mining, Geology, or Engineering preferred.
- 5 – 7 years quarry mining experience, plus a minimum 3 years quarry supervisory experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of quarry operations, including the optimization of quarry resources and design, mine planning, use of quarry equipment and proper procedures for using explosives in a safe and effective manner.
- Knowledge of safety regulations as well as state and federal mining laws.
- Understands and can use Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, and other software as needed
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated Resumes / CV to: email@example.com using “Quarry Manager” as the subject of the email.