Beaconhealth Diagnostics is a patient-focused organization providing high-quality diagnostic services in clinically-underserved areas in Nigeria. Our mission remains to provide excellent healthcare to Africa’s next billion.
BeaconHealth Diagnostics is a patient-focused organization providing high-quality diagnostic services in clinically-underserved areas in Nigeria. The X-ray unit is one of the important segments required to offer quality services to patients in our clinic. Ultimately, our goal at Beaconhealth Diagnostics is to provide the best patient experience and the most accurate and timely clinical results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiographer
Location: Oshogbo, Osun
Employment Type: Full-time
- We expect our radiographers to treat our patients with utmost professionalism, attend to patients promptly, and relate with them with respect and kindness.
The day to day routine of a BeaconHealth radiographer includes five key responsibilities which are:
- Interact with patients.
- Administer general x-ray procedures.
- Perform specialized radiography.
- Maintain equipment and ensure safety.
- Document clinical findings in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Below are the guidelines to the job expectations and responsibilities associated with these key tasks.
Interact with Patients:
- Getting diagnostics done can be a stressful and anxious experience for our patients. It is important for you to project a comfortable and reassuring presence for them.
- Welcome each patient into the examination room with a warm smile and greet them, make them feel comfortable and relaxed as they settle down
- Read the referring doctor notes and ask investigative questions about the patient’s symptoms.
- Explain the procedures in lame-man terms to patients before proceeding
- Observe and care for patients throughout the examination period to ensure their safety and comfort.
- Even if the test result is not positive for the patient, do not make the patient feel scared or sad about it.
Administer X-ray procedure:
- Develop a daily priority list that allows all scheduled procedures to be completed and makes time for emergencies as well.
- Determine the most appropriate method of imaging for each patient.
- Utilize all radiographic equipment to perform x-rays, including (but not limited to) surgical and portable equipment.
- Provide assistance to patients with such tasks as dressing and changing to seriously ill, injured, or disabled patients.
- Alongside compiling a medical history for the patient and providing them with any necessary protective clothing or gear, also ensure the patient is positioned to get the clearest and most accurate image possible.
Perform Specialized Radiography:
- Produce x-ray films of parts of the human body for use in diagnosing medical problems such as cancer or fractures.
- Have the patient undress and remove jewelry.
- Ascertain if the patient is claustrophobic.
- Position patients so that the parts of the body can be appropriately radiographed.
- Prepare solutions for patients to drink.
- Surround the exposed area with radiation protection devices.
- Position radiographic equipment at the correct angle and height over the appropriate area of a patient’s body.
- Measure the thickness of the section to be radiographed.
- Adjust controls on the x-ray machine to produce radiographs of the appropriate density, detail, and contrast of the body part.
- Review and evaluate developed x-rays, video tape, or computer generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
Maintain Equipment and ensure safety:
- Look after the various complex pieces of kit that are used, in order to make sure that they are safe and fit for use.
- Prepare equipment when it’s time to perform a procedure and position it correctly to capture a clear image of the patient.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and minor emergency repairs on radiographic equipment.
- Ensure the equipment is always in proper working order.
- Dispose waste properly; ensure proper sanitation of the x-ray room.
Document clinical findings in a clear, concise and professional manner:
- Analyze and report x-ray results to our physician team.
- Maintain a detailed patient record and their medical history.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physicians.
- Monitor all radiographic supplies and submit purchasing requests to maintain proper supply levels.
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc in Medical Radiography from a recognized tertiary institution
- Must possess 2 – 3 years of post qualification practicing experience
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC
- Must be registered with the Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria and possess a valid/current license to practice.
- Outstanding thinking and reasoning skills
- Proficiency in the use of computers and the most popular software packages
- Ability to work independently, but also as a part of a healthcare team
- Sensitivity and understanding towards patients during procedures
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to perform well under pressure
- Physical strength to assist with the lifting or moving of patients to ensure their positioning is correct for the specific procedure.
Application Closing Date
13th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online