Gemstone Microfinance is a non-bank agricultural microfinance cooperative society. It is a registered national member of the Association of Non-Bank Microfinance Institutions of Nigeria (AMFIN). The society is also registered and regulated in every state where it currently operates.
With an annual turnover of N2 Billion, the financial services arm (RC: 1587936) of Gemstone Microfinance has been instrumental to the success stories recorded by its over 27,000 active members in the last two years of operation.
In its two years of operation, Gemstone Microfinance has provided over N2 Billion in credits to its members in the agricultural business sector across its forty eight (48) branches in twenty(20) states and the Federal Capital Territory. The society’s main focus has been the development of the crop and livestock production, logistics, food processing and retail subsectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Manager
Location: PortHarcourt – Rivers, Uyo – Akwa Ibom, Zaria – Kaduna, Jos – Plateau, Bauchi, Warri – Delta, Benin – Edo, Abuja (FCT).
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
Regional managers provide leadership for each Region theyoversee, manage service operations and Marketing, and help the Region drive deposits and finance major loans, work with teams at each department and branch to drive growth in the company’s products and services, help coach employees, implement changes, and ensure regulatory compliance. Generally, their main responsibilities include:
- Direct all operational and marketing aspects of the Region they are in charge of.
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective marketing opportunities
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans
- Meet goals and metrics
- Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Share knowledge with other regions and head office on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
- Deposit mobilization.
- Creating profits and loss reports for the Region.
- Loan portfolio management.
- Monitoring the performance of teams and motivating them to reach targets.
- Branch management.
Skills and Qualifications:
A Regional Manager should be self-motivated, responsible for the staffing, profit, performance and other operations at each branch you manage. Your job includes instructing branch management and supervisors at every location and reporting your regional branches’ performance to upper administration. A Successful Regional Manager candidate will have various prerequisite skills and qualifications including excellent communication and leadership skills. Other helpful skills include:
- Established strong business relationships with key officers and decision makers of big multinationals & corporations.
- Develop relationships to the company by prospecting new businesses while growing existing business relationships
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Flexibility and openness to change
- Business management skills
- The ability to take the initiative
- The ability to create and run strong training programs
A strong background in Marketing and Operations is typically necessary for all Regional Manager Positions. The applicants must have at least 7 years of experience in a financial institution.
Education and Training Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree/HND in one of the following subjects is needed for this position.
- Sales and marketing.
- Business management or Retail marketing.
N100,000 – N150,000 monthly
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2022
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using Position Title and the Location of interest as the Subject of the email.