Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an American non-profit NGO whose objective is agricultural and economic development. CNFA helps small producers improve their food security through new agricultural practices, the introduction of new varieties, the diversification of production, storage, the development of farmers’ and herders’ organizations, and the market linkages.
Applications are hereby invited for:
Title: Request for Quotations (RFQ) Car Rental Company in Nigeria
RFQ number: RFQ NGA#06-003/2022
For: West Africa PRO-Cashew project
Financed by: USDA
Implemented by: CNFA
- The five-year West Africa Cashew Project (PRO-Cashew), funded by USDA and implemented by Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA), will focus on cashew producers in Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria. In addition to helping growers increase production capacity and nut quality, the project will work to develop incentives to renovate and rehabilitate cashew farms and create a more competitive West African raw cashew nut for the international market.
- As part of project activities, the PRO-Cashew Project requires to select a car rental company for Nigeria’s project in Abuja, Lagos and Ilorin Nigeria. The purpose of this RFQ is to solicit quotations from car rental companies.
- Offerors are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received by CNFA in accordance with the instructions, terms, and conditions described in this RFQ. Failure to adhere with instructions described in this RFQ may lead to disqualification of an offer from consideration.
- CNFA will consider proposals in response to this RFQ from companies and Independent Consultants.
The table below contains the technical requirements of the commodities/services. Offerors are requested to provide quotations containing the information below on official letterhead or official quotation format.
|Line Item||Description and Specifications||Qty||Items and Specifications Offered||Unit Price
|1||Daily rate for SUV rental in Abuja, Lagos and Ilorin||01|
|2||Daily rate for sedan/saloon car rental in Abuja, Lagos and Ilorin||01|
|3||Airport pick-up (SUV) – Local in Abuja, Lagos and Ilorin||01|
|4||Airport pick-up (sedan/saloon) – Internationals in Abuja , Lagos and Ilorin||01
|5||Airport drop off in Abuja, Lagos and Ilorin||01|
|Other Costs (Describe:______________________) :|
|GRAND TOTAL [enter currency]:|
Offers must include:
- A detailed description of the proposed vehicles;
- The vehicles must have all the required documents (Insurance document – grey card – and mechanical control document) from the Nigerian administration;
- The driver must have a valid driver’s license;
- The driver must have a good knowledge of the city of Ilorin and the cities of the interior.
Vendors are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received by CNFA in accordance with the instructions, terms and conditions described in this RFQ. Failure to comply with the instructions described in this RFQ may result in the disqualification of an offer.
In order to be considered for inclusion in the offer, suppliers must meet the following criteria:
- The vehicle must be a five (05) seat SUV is less than five (5) years old and is air-conditioned and equipped with all safety measures (including rear and front seat belts, turn signals and airbags) ;
- The vehicle must be a 4X4 with at least five (05) seats for missions within the country that is less than five (5) years old and is air-conditioned and equipped with all safety measures (including rear and front seat belts, turn signals and airbags);
- Driver availability: the driver must be available for overtime (more than 8 hours per day). The driver will work in Abuja with travels to Kogi when needed
- List of similar services performed: a car rental company must submit a list of similar services and Past performance sheets performed with NGOs or preferred companies.
Payment modality and condition______________________________________________________
The applicant should demonstrate the ability and the technical capacity to deliver the best service in the industry best practices to achieving this mission.
- Quotations in response to this RFQ must be priced on a fixed-price, all-inclusive basis, including delivery and all other costs. Offerors are required to submit proposed payment terms and payment schedule if applicable. Failute to submit proposed payment terms may lead to disqualification of an offeror from consideration. Pricing must be presented in local currency of the country. Offers must remain valid for not less than sixty (60) calendar days after the offer deadline. Offerors are requested to provide quotations on official letterhead in the format provided in Section 4 – Technical Requirements.
The offeror meets or exceeds the minimum required technical specifications and is considered to offer the best value on the basis of lowest price and technical acceptability. Only those bidders deemed technically acceptable will be considered for award. The evaluation committee will evaluate the acceptability of offerors based on the following criteria:
- Technique -: Responsiveness to technical specifications and requirements.
- Vehicle documents(Insurance document, grey card, and mechanical control document etc…)
- Vendor and driver documents (driver’s licence, A copy of business
license, Signed Cover Letter, etc…
- Past Performance sheets or reference)
- Price –- The overall cost presented in the offer. Offerors are also required to submit their proposed payment terms and payment schedule as part of their quotation.
Best-offer proposals are requested. It is anticipated that award will be made solely on the basis of these original proposals. However, CNFA reserves the right to conduct any of the following:
- CNFA may conduct negotiations with and/or request clarifications from any offeror prior to award;
- While preference will be given to offerors who can address the full technical requirements of this RFQ, CNFA may issue a partial award or split the award among various suppliers, if in the best interest of the Pro-Cashew Project;
- CNFA may cancel this RFP at any time.
Please note that if there are deficiencies regarding responsiveness to the requirements of this RFQ, an offer may be deemed “non-responsive” and thereby disqualified from consideration. CNFA reserves the right to waive immaterial deficiencies at its discretion.
Payment and Award
- The award will be awarded to the offeror whose quotation represents the best value to the Project.
- Award will be issued only to the entity which submits a proposal in response to this RFQ. CNFA will not issue an award to different offerors, entities, or third-parties other than the selected offeror(s).
- Any award and payment resulting from this RFQ is anticipated to be in the form of a Purchase Order. This award is subject to the PRO-Cashew Project’s terms and conditions as stipulated in Annex 03.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022 (5pm).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates or firm should send their Offers to “the PRO-Cashew Project office” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Title as the subject of the mail.
Hard copy deliveries must be stamped and signed by the offeror’s authorized representative and delivered to the PRO-Cashew office located at:
The City of Refuge Building,
Royalton Road, Off Tanke Junction,
2nd Floor; No.14, Station GRA,
Ilorin, Kwara State of Nigeria.