Silver Valley International College, Kabba is a leading world-class international school in Kogi state, Nigeria. SVIC runs both the Nigerian and British curricula. Our vision is to be the leading school trusted and renowned internationally for outstanding academic excellence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Principal
Job Ref: SVIC/ JA/SP/2022/01
Location: Kabba, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are recruiting outstanding, innovative, and visionary leader with a proven background of successful and remarkable headship of secondary schools as a principal in our school in Kabba, Kogi state.
- The ideal candidate must have effective communication skills, IT savvy, and strong leadership attributes to drive the school vision and deal with students, teachers, non-teaching staff, and parents.
- This candidate should be organized, energetic and intuitive.
- The school Principal is accountable for overseeing the day-to-day operations in order to meet the school’s vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The principal’s duties shall include but not limited to the following:
- Sets objectives for students to meet and develops a plan of action to guide teachers in helping the students achieve set benchmarks.
- Works towards the achievement of excellent results in internal and external examinations.
- Meets and discusses educational policies and procedures with the School Board of Governors.
- Possesses the ability to drive a 21st-century system of education in teaching, learning, and evaluation.
- Develops a system of blend mix of the Nigerian and British curriculum.
- Integrates and develops students’ entrepreneurial skills.
- Effectively develops strategies to project the image of the school globally for product marketing.
- Develops objectives for extra-curricula activities to include sports programs.
- Evaluates student progress in order to determine the work ability/effectiveness of an educational plan.
- Makes modifications to the plan as the need arises.
- A Bachelor Degree in Education or a Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field and PGDE
- A minimum of 10 years work experience.
- An applicant with a Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Education with 5 years of teaching experience will be considered.
- Applicant must be resident in Kabba, Kogi State or willing to relocate to Kabba.
- Minimum teaching experience of 5 years and additional 5 years in a leadership position as a school principal in a well-established private school or first rated government school with a proven record of high performance in their external examinations.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership skills and ability to supervise others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency in public speaking
- Ability to speedily and efficiently resolve conflicts without bias
- An understanding of the state and national policy on education
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
Attractive salary with a lot of incentives.
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application along with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.