The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Public Sector Economist / Specialist
Job #: req11773
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organization: World Bank
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: International Recruitment
- Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org.
Duties and Accountabilities
Please note that this is an international, not a local, position. As part of the Nigeria Governance GP and Country Team, the Senior Public Sector Economist/Specialist plays the following important roles:
- Leading policy and operational dialogue with federal and state counterparts in governance engagements, especially under the areas of (i) Transparent and Accountable Government Institutions for Service Delivery, and (ii) Revenues, Expenditures and Debt.
- Task-team leadership (TTL) of operational, advisory and analytical tasks
- Working jointly with other GPs to enhance public sector systems for service delivery in critical sectors
You will be a professional with solid operational and analytical experience on development operations and advisory services related to Public Administration and Institutional Reform, including:
- Directly relevant technical experience across governance business lines
- Directly relevant operational experience as TTL in the World Bank or other international multilateral development institutions, across instruments: DPOs, PforRs, IPFs, and TFs
- Directly relevant experience in the provision of analytical and advisory services as TTL in the World Bank or other international multilateral development institutions
- Relevant experience and knowledge in public sector digital transformation (GovTech) and governance in sector and service delivery
- Experience in quality control of the outputs of junior staff and consultants.
- Team player with strong integrative skills and track record of excellent relationship building with CMUs, other GPs, and clients.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
In addition, the following minimum education and experience criteria apply:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., public administration, economics, accounting, finance, law)
- 8 years of directly relevant professional experience at an international level, i.e. encompassing several countries
For information about WBG Core Competencies, please visit here
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2021 at 11:59pm UTC.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Banking & Insurance|