Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: State Technical Advisor – SHARP TO1
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Sr. State Technical Advisor, Sokoto for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order One (TO 01) in Northern Nigeria.
- SHARP TO 01 will implement accelerated scale-up of interventions and cost-effective innovations to improve access to and quality of HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery, while strengthening the national health system in the Northwestern states of Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto and Zamfara.
- The program will support HIV testing services, HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, laboratory services, and health systems strengthening. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Sokoto, Nigeria.
- Provide leadership and support the Chief of Party with clinical and technical direction to reduce HIV incidences and AIDS-related mortality by increasing access to and the use of treatment and prevention services for all populations, as well as by strengthening Ministry of Health governance.
- Supervise state clinical teams, technical specialists, and staff while working closely with other project staff and Chemonics home office staff.
- Use surveillance data to inform programming for activities that permit it to achieve epidemic controls for all genders, ages, and risk groups.
- Scale evidence-informed combination prevention.
- Integrate data from legacy systems into a central data system to include patient management, commodities, and laboratory data.
- Ensure the technical soundness and appropriateness of all project assistance and clinical service delivery.
- Oversee and monitor site level performance, including clinical work planning, performance management, case finding, and care continuum linkage approaches
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and appropriate program adjustments.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in medicine, public health, epidemiology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant development experience working as a manager in public health programs in a developing country
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment; personable, able to pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in components of HIV/AIDS programming, as well as cross-cutting areas such as Health Systems Strengthening (HSS)
- Proven experience analyzing data and leading service scale-up.
- Proven experience utilizing data to increase efficiency and streamline programs.
- Experience with USAID projects and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations preferred.
- Candidates currently residing in the state of Sokoto preferred.
- Candidate who understands the terrain with capacity to engage the State Stakeholders effectively is highly preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English required.
Application Closing Date
16th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online