JOB TITLE: Silo Attendant
JOB LOCATION: Obajana, Kogi, Nigeria
Ref No: Obajanasilo001
- Tend the cement silo effectively to ensure proper storage of finished cement and to maintain established quality standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate stationary pump in pneumatic conveyor system that conveys finished cement from one bin to another.
- Operate pump, air compressor, and other conveying equipment in line with agreed operating procedures.
- Monitor pressure dials on pump to indicate operating condition of conveyor to ensure proper functioning.
- Make minor repairs to the stationary pump to correct faulty operation and, oil and grease equipment’s.
- Monitor indicator level of silos to ensure that it is not filled beyond capacity.
- Ensure safety of personnel by executing silo operations in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Education and Work Experience:
- Trade Test 1,2,3
- SSCE with minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic knowledge of cement production process.
- Working knowledge of the cement packing machines/ functions and procedures
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development