Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, an Educational Institution in the Eastern part of Nigeria is looking to recruit highly qualified professionals for the role below:
Job Title: University Registrar
Location: Imo, Nigeria
- In accordance with the University Law , the Registrar is a Principal Officer and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University except financial matters, which fall within the jurisdiction of the Bursar. The Registrar is the chief administrative officer of the University and the repository of University documents/records. The Registrar is an ex-officio member of the Governing Council, and the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation AND Convocation.
- The Registrar is a member of the University Management and Head of the University Registry. The candidate must be a person of proven integrity, possess high moral character, an excellent manager of human resources and a team player. He must be a person with proven leadership qualities and great inter-personal skills. The job demands a person who can instill confidence in others as well as command loyalty and respect of people. The person must understand the complexity of a University system and be capable of harnessing the potentials of subordinates to attain the overall goals of the University
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants for the post of Registrar should possess:
- A good (Honours) Degree plus fifteen (15) years post qualification relevant administrative experience in University or comparable institution, with a minimum of five (5) years at the Management level
- Possession of relevant higher degree or postgraduate professional qualification in appropriate field(s)
- Candidate must be competent in the use of ICT for management services
- Candidate must have served for NOT less than five (5) years at the level of Deputy Registrar in a University or comparable institution
- Membership of Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators [ANUPA] and relevant professional associations is mandatory
Qualities of the Candidates:
- The candidate shall be a person of high integrity and strong moral character, and with excellent interpersonal relations
- The candidate must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
- The candidate must fully understand the complexity of a how a University system should work and must be able to effectively utilize its human resources to attain a world class administrative system.
- The candidate must be in good health, have advanced knowledge of ICT and must not be older than Fifty-nine (59) years at assumption of duty. Also in addition, the Registrar must be able to demonstrate dynamism and wisdom when confronted with crisis or undesirable situations.
- He must also be an achiever who should show exceptional abilities, qualities for institutional loyalty and networking with the outside world.
- In consonance with the University Law 2020, the appointment of Registrar, University Bursar and University Librarian is for a single TERM of five  years respectively. Also note that the salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for Registrars, Bursars and librarians of State Universities and by the Governing Council of the University
- Candidates for the positions of Registrar and University Librarian must not be above the age of Fifty-nine (59) years by October 2020.
Application Closing Date
12th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online