Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, an Educational Institution in the Eastern part of Nigeria is looking to recruit highly qualified professionals for the role below:
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
- Responsible for providing strategic leadership for the University community of staff and students; having accountability to Senate and Council for academic and financial performance as well as compliance with all regulatory bodies; leading and managing the University Executive Board
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Chief Academic Officer of the University, Chairman of the Senate and member of the Governing Council. Among his/her functions, the Vice Chancellor shall:
- Be competent always to advice the Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University.
- Be generally responsible to the Council for maintaining the efficiency and good order of the University and for ensuring the proper interpretation and enforcement of its statutes, ordinances and regulations
- Be responsible for the discipline in the University.
Qualities of the Candidate
The Applicant must:
- Be a Professor in a related discipline of not less than 10 years;
- Be with advanced knowledge of computer usage and Information Technology packages.
- Be a distinguished academic, top-notch researcher of national and international repute with a proven track record of scholarship in terms of a significant number of recognized peer-reviewed publications;
- Not have attained the age of 60 years at the time of assumption of duty;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, training and preparation as a twenty first century University administrator;
- Be capable of driving technological innovation in teaching, learning and research
- Be able to attract and manage research grants from both Local and International Agencies;
- Be an astute and a prudent manager of resources;
- Have a good understanding of the vision and mission of the University in its pursuit of academic excellence that is recognized globally;
- Be a person of strong character and ability to give courageous and effective leadership, as well as capable of inspiring the advancement of learning and reaching out to all persons without discrimination;
- Be of sound health and pleasant disposition, high integrity, strong moral character to inspire and maintain discipline among staff and students and not been convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction or by an Administrative Panel;
Conditions of Service
- The appointment will be for one term of five(5) years only, while salary and allowances shall be as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in the University system and as may be determined by the Government from time to time.
- In addition to the CV and other relevant credentials, candidate must provide a mission and vision for the University in the next five(5) years in not more than 1,500 words
Application Closing Date
12th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online