The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
Applications are invited for:
Title: YouthActOnEDU Spoken Word Competition 2022
- A new World Bank regional education strategy for Western and Central Africa outlines priority areas, guiding principles, and policy options to support countries in increasing access to education and improving the quality of learning over the next three years.
- The strategy focuses on the common challenges within a highly diverse region and covers all the sub-sectors of education, including formal and informal, technical, and vocational education, as well as higher education.
- It prioritizes interventions based on the potential to make the most significant impact within a three-year timeframe, building on lessons learned and best practices from the region and across the world.
- We want to hear from YOU! We are launching a poetry competition to showcase the importance of education and access to quality learning for young people in Western and Central Africa.
- Share a creative, inspiring, and artistic 1-minute video of yourself reciting YOUR ORIGINAL POEM for the chance to get featured on our social media channels.
- Through poetry, show and tell us how can education unlock you potential and/or impact your community?
- A citizen of a Western & Central African member country (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Ghana, Equatorial, Liberia, Guinea, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, Togo)
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old
- We strongly encourage diverse, untraditional, and unheard voices to enter this competition
- Bank staff including its consultants and their immediate family members, contractors and their employees are not eligible to participate.
- Entries will be judged by officials at the World Bank Group along with a unique group of African artists, influencers, and members of the World Bank’s Africa Western & Central Education Advisory Committee. Judging will take place during the month of August 2022, and selected participants will be contacted by email.
- Submissions will be evaluated based on originality, creativity, artistry, and relevance of the content presented. The judging panel’s decision is final, and no further correspondence will be considered. Selected people will be contacted via the contact information provided with their submission.
- The top five final selected entries will be published on select social media platforms of the World Bank and awarded a prize
- The World Bank has the right to deny payment of the cash award if any winner is ineligible to receive Bank funds under the Bank’s Anti-Corruption Guidelines, Corporate Procurement, and other applicable rules, as determined by the Bank. The winners are solely responsible for any tax obligations for the prize award.
Application Closing Date
Wednesday, 20th July, 2022 (11:59 EDT).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online