BeaconHealth Diagnostics is a patient-focused organization providing high-quality diagnostic services in clinically-underserved areas in Nigeria. The X-ray unit is one of the important segments required to offer quality services to patients in our clinic. We expect our radiographers to treat our patients with utmost professionalism, attend to patients promptly, and relate with them with respect and kindness. Ultimately, our goal at Beaconhealth Diagnostics is to provide the best patient experience and the most accurate and timely clinical results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: X-Ray Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
The day to day routine of a BeaconHealth Xray Technician includes five key responsibilities which are:
- Interact with patients
- Taking patients to and from other units in the centre.
- Helping to maintain equipment and reporting any faults
- Assisting with procedures like biopsies
- Clerical task
Below are the guidelines to the job expectations and responsibilities associated with these key tasks:
Interact with Patients:
- Getting diagnostics done can be a stressful and anxious experience for our patients. It is important for you to project a comfortable and reassuring presence for them.
- Welcome each patient into the examination room with a warm smile and greet them, make them feel comfortable and relaxed as they settle down
- Read the referring doctor notes and ask investigative questions about the patient’s symptoms.
- Explain the procedures in lame-man terms to patients before proceeding
- Providing reassurance to patients using the department
- giving information to patients about their treatment.
- Even if the test result is not positive for the patient, do not make the patient feel scared or sad about it.Taking patients to and from other wards
Taking Patients to and from Other Wards:
- Transport patients to and from the waiting room to the x-ray room especially disabled patients.
- Assess each patient’s ability to undress for an examination, helping them if necessary. It is important that you make sure the patient’s privacy and dignity are respected at all times. You will help Radiographers to move and handle patients, including from trolleys, beds and chairs, onto tables for treatment or diagnosis.
- Position and immobilize patient on examining table.
Help Maintain Equipment and Reporting Any Faults:
- Maintain image processing systems and accessory equipment.
- Look after the various complex pieces of kit that are used, in order to make sure that they are safe and fit for use.
- Prepare equipment when it’s time to perform a procedure and position it correctly to capture a clear image of the patient.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and minor emergency repairs on radiographic equipment.
- Ensure the equipment are always in proper working order.
- Report any faults with equipment.
- Dispose waste properly; ensure proper sanitation of the x-ray room.
Assisting with X-ray Procedures:
- Set up examination rooms, ensuring that all necessary equipment is ready.
- Monitor video display of area being captured and adjust density or contrast to improve picture quality.
- Remove and process film.
- Prepare and administer oral or injected contrast media to patients.
- Surround the exposed area with radiation protection devices.
- Position radiographic equipment at the correct angle and height over the appropriate area of a patient’s body under the supervision of the radiographer.
- Measure the thickness of the section to be radiographed.
- Adjust controls on the x-ray machine to produce radiographs of the appropriate density, detail, and contrast of the body part.
- Wear protective clothing, such as an x-ray apron, when working with the x-ray machine.
Perform Clerical Tasks:
- Key commands and data into the computer system to document and specify imaging sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers, or photograph certain images.
- Take thorough and accurate patient medical histories.
- Record, process and maintain patient data and treatment records, and prepare reports.
- Answer phone calls, ensure proper filing of patient medical history, data processing, mailing, message delivery, running errands and sorting incoming mail.
- Candidates should possess National Diploma from a recognized College of Health Technology
- Must possess a minimum of 1 yearof post qualification practicing experience
- Must be registered and licensed to practice
- Outstanding thinking and reasoning skills
- Proficiency in the use of computers and the most popular software packages
- Ability to work independently, but also as a part of a healthcare team
- Sensitivity and understanding towards patients during procedures
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to perform well under pressure
- Physical strength to assist with the lifting or moving of patients to ensure their positioning is correct for the specific procedure.
Application Closing Date
13th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online