The Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER) is the premier Think Tank of the Federal Government on socioeconomic issues. NISER was established in 1960, and is located in Ibadan, Oyo State. The institutes mandate includes scholarly research, policy analysis and policy engagements that promote social and economic development in the country.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for positions below:
Job Titles: Young Postdoctoral Fellow and Sabbatical Fellow
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
The institute is running treasury funded projects and has also secured grant funding from international development partners on some projects.
To fast track its activities, the Institute is hereby inviting applications for short-term appointments for an intensive year of research, fieldwork, and data analysis from suitably qualified post-doctoral candidates, who must be Nigerian nationals, to work in the following fields / projects:
Project Title – Expertise
- Competitive advantage and manufacturing potential – Economics
- Economic Diversification – Economics
- Impact Investment Program – Economics, Environmental Science, Social Policy, Public Policy / Governance
- Transformation of Small Holder Farm and Economic Growth in Nigeria. A Growth Diagnostic Study of Agriculture in Nigeria – Economics, Agric, Growth diagnostics
- Impact assessment. Performance Assessment of Presidential Fertilizer Initiative: A Six Region Study – Program Evaluation, Agric, Governance / Pubic Policy
- Effect of Digital Technologies on Productivity and Employment in Nigeria – Technology, Economics, Human Capital, Public Policy
- Enhancing Governance through Behavioral Change – Psychology, Political Economy, Public Policy, Behavioural Economics.
- Labour market studies – Economics, Human capital development, sociology
- Health systems design – Health Economics, Heath systems and policy
- Energy systems modeling – Energy Economics, statistics, systems engineering
Conditions of Service
- This position is a post-doctoral program and requires advanced analytical skill. It is open only to candidates who have completed and obtained a PHD Degree. Master’s Degree holders, PHD candidates and PHD-in-view need not apply.
- The appointment, which is to commence as soon as possible, is a one-year research fellowship appointment in the first instance, and renewable for another year subject to candidates satisfactory performance and duration of the projects. Some level of training will be available
- Fringe benefits will be as stated in the short- term appointments letter.
- Salary involves a generous stipend and shall have a base equivalent to Research Fellow CONRAISS 12 as provided for in the Federal Public Service.
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and detailed Resume stating:
- Marital Status
- State, L.G.A.
- Academic Qualifications
- Experience in Research
- Publications (if any), two photocopies of relevant credentials
- Names of three referees and their addresses.
Selection shall be through a rigorous process involving
- Written exam
- Oral presentation.
Applications should reach the undersigned:
Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER),
P.M.B. 5, U.I.P.O. Ibadan,
Oyo State, Nigeria.